JUNE 2017 – AUGUST 2017
The Wall Street Journal, New York City, NY – Greater New York Metro Intern
- Reported on a variety of NYC topics, including politics, law enforcement, education and transportation.
- Wrote and contributed reporting to 50 articles, including both breaking news and feature-length stories.
MAY 2017 – JUNE 2017
The New York Times, New York City, NY – New York Times Student Journalism Institute Participant
- Member of the New York Times Student Journalism Institute class of 2017.
- Reported and published two stories on New York City’s politics and businesses.
JANUARY 2017 – MARCH 2017
The Texas Tribune, Austin, TX – Reporting Fellow
- Covered the 85th Texas Legislative Session, reporting specifically on issues of immigration, race and technology.
- Published 25 articles, had work featured in The Washington Post.
SEPTEMBER 2014 – PRESENT
The Daily Northwestern, Evanston, IL – Editorial Board Member, Senior Staffer
- Served as Managing Editor, Web Editor, Opinion Editor and created the diversity and inclusion beat.
- Published over 200 stories and opinion pieces.
JUNE 2016 – AUGUST 2016
Medill School of Journalism, Evanston, IL – Marketing Intern
- Created content for the renovated Medill website and coded pages for the site.
JANUARY 2016 – MARCH 2016
Medill News Service, Washington, D.C. – Immigration Reporter
- Reported on immigration and the 2016 Presidential Election.
- Collaborated with The Washington Post in their Democratic Presidential Debate, co-hosted with Univision.
SEPTEMBER 2017 – JUNE 2018
Northwestern University, Evanston, IL – Masters of Science in Journalism
Activities: Opinion Editor, The Daily Northwestern. President, Northwestern’s National Association of Hispanic Journalists.
SEPTEMBER 2014 – JUNE 2017
Northwestern University, Evanston, IL – Bachelors of Science in Journalism
Activities: Managing editor, The Daily Northwestern. Peer Adviser, Northwestern Wildcat Welcome. Member, Medill Undergraduate Student Advisory Council.
Native Spanish speaker, intermediate French speaker. Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office Suite, DSLR photography, social media (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, Tumblr); experienced in HTML and CSS.
Recipient of two Associated Collegiate Press awards for multimedia reporting and for reporting on issues of diversity and inclusion. Nominated for 2017 Pinnacle Award for Arts and Entertainment reporting (pending). Nominated for 2016 Hearst Award for breaking news reporting. Recipient of Peter Alexander Scholarship for international journalism students. Member of Northwestern’s 2017 Homecoming Court.